Tuesday, September 12, 2006

feeling blue.....

People peek into other's lives by looking in their eyes...but i havent perfected the art of reading people's eye.Can conjure up only blurred outlines through eyes...people drop curtains through their eye-lids way too often....blinking ensures soul-privacy.
I have often known a great deal abt others, looking at their feet. I have seen my mum with cracks in her feet, most of the mums with either cracks in their feet....no matter however big is the ball of fire in my mind, however angry im ...when i look at women's feet , i m quitened, a big lump in my throat quietens me. M reminded of all the times she had been working in water, washing clothes, cleaning house and neglecting self upkeep, all the years she worked like this, day in and day out.
I have seen feet of elite people. I see feet of men and women travelling in local trains, I saw lovely feet of my father, i thought more than his conventionally good-looking face, his feet were king-like. Its a metaphor, i havent met any king in my present life.
In month of May and June, I have seen old men pulling carts and sometimes they dont have slippers on and though I am no Buddha, I can imagine at that moment why sight of sickness, poverty, death triggered thoughts of virakti in him.
My nephew,8 months old.... usually a chirpy boy, sat at one place for longer while last night...his eyelids were heavier than usual and nose watering....i couldnt help looking at his feet...they were small, dry and cold. i folded his feet in my palms for a long time...but i knew then, he would fall sick. He is sick today. felt dark all day.Thats perhaps his first big sickness.

2 Comments:

Blogger RJRhicha said...

Theres definately some truth and substance in the word 'bloodline'.I mean Dr.Chawla(with all due respect to him)joked with a grin on his face abt our baby's cold and fever.And said agar temperture badhe, toh crocin drops badha dena!And here we are/were, crying buckets at the helpless face and painful state of this tiny creature.For people, its common cold.For us,it's an agonising sight to see such a small one suffer.He's geeting his form back dont u think?I'd kill to believe what i just said!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Holy Growl said...

rhichu is missed so much...and riggu...and missed and missed. mum's absence is a cause of void 2 and 3.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home